Essendon Football Club Kicks More Goals With FanCam

April 27, 2011

Tweet I've long been a fan of the Essendon Football Club's online marketing efforts. Indeed, I've profiled their good work in the past. And it's not just because I'm a rabid fan of the club. I genuinely believe that they are a leader and pioneer within the digital arena. So much so that I almost […]

3 comments Read the full article →

Does the web really need a shopping centre?

April 20, 2011

Tweet Australian retailers have been a long way behind the eight ball when it comes to online retail. But it seems as if 2011 may be the year that many finally jump on the bandwagon. Myer is in the development process of an offshore ecommerce web site. The anti-online retail spokesman himself Gerry Harvey has […]

7 comments Read the full article →

Why Google +1 won’t work!

April 14, 2011

Tweet Here's we go again. Despite the recent debacles of Wave and Buzz, Google is back on the social bandwagon with the new '+1' button. And you've just got to admire their persistence. If there's one thing Google is not afraid to do, it's fail. Which is a good thing. I'd love to work for […]

3 comments Read the full article →

The A to Z of Online Marketing

April 8, 2011

Tweet The following is a guest post by David Murton. David has been helping companies build and maintain their online relationships with customers since 2006. He is also a professional writer and blogger, with a particular interest in the open source Drupal platform. When it comes to online marketing, there's almost too much information and […]

6 comments Read the full article →

Does social media help or hinder social skills?

March 24, 2011

Tweet When it comes to social media, I typically cover business and marketing related issues. Yet today I'm going to take a slightly different angle and ponder the impact that social media is having on interpersonal social skills. Facebook has well and truly entrenched itself into the Australian way of life, and in a few […]

6 comments Read the full article →

When social media takes down an entire sports club

March 18, 2011

Tweet By now, I doubt there's anyone in Australia hasn't heard about St Kilda Football Club's brush with a certain vengeful schoolgirl. Yet on a global scale, the overwhelming majority would be completely unaware of this extraordinary social media crisis. So… as hesitant as I am to grant her any more attention, I've made it […]

0 comments Read the full article →

Funniest spam comment ever?

February 10, 2011

Tweet I don't usually have a lot of affection for spammers who try to pollute my blog via the comments – primarily because their techniques are so blatantly transparent/lame. From generic 'thanks for sharing'  comments that could be applied to any post, through to excessive flattery, I've seen it all before (and deleted it accordingly). […]

6 comments Read the full article →

Five signs your SEO agency sucks

January 28, 2011

Tweet A couple of months ago I put a call out looking for SEO peeps to work with. I interviewed a bunch of people, five of which came from the same local SEO agency. And after speaking with each of the candidates, one thing was clear… that agency sucked. Bad! Time after time I heard […]

1 comment Read the full article →

Social media at its very best!

January 18, 2011

Tweet Last year I wrote a post highlighting some of the excellent work Australian not-for-profits have achieved within social media. And while most of those are still fine case studies, I must say I've become somewhat jaded at how social media has been used for social causes since then. At some point, it seems that […]

4 comments Read the full article →

Is Google’s duplicate content penalty an SEO fairy tale?

December 24, 2010

Tweet If there's one thing that makes every SEO sweat, it's the fear of getting a site slapped out of Google's index. It's widely believed that duplicate content is one of the quickest ways to meet that fate. Or is it? I recently came across one of the more blatant examples of content being duplicated […]

0 comments Read the full article →