Merry Christmas ABC

December 20, 2010

Tweet *Update: I was contacted By Paul Robinson from ABC about a day after this post was published. Paul apologised for the experience and advised that there had been some teething problems with a new delivery supplier. He also offered a full refund. So thanks go to Paul for the quick response and for ensuring […]

9 comments Read the full article →

Search Gets Even More Social

December 3, 2010

Tweet A couple of weeks back I wrote about how search was increasing turning social with the integration of Facebook 'Like' data into Bing's search results. And yesterday we took another big step forwards into the inevitability that is social search. Indeed, we may look back upon December 1 as a historic date in the […]

2 comments Read the full article →

What would Google do?

November 29, 2010

Tweet 2010 is fast coming to an end. Which can only mean one thing… bold predictions from marketers about what may transpire in 2011! Last year my predictions were a little left of centre, so this time round I've taken the topic a little more seriously. In particular, I've focused my attention towards the questions […]

0 comments Read the full article →

Google changes paid search game with new ad format

November 18, 2010

Tweet Google sure knows how to shake up the search industry! Just weeks after rocking the SEO industry with the localisation of organic search results, Google served the paid search industry a similar dose of instant evolution by releasing Product Listing Ads out of beta phase.

0 comments Read the full article →

The five A’s of content marketing

November 1, 2010

Tweet Content marketing is a bit of a buzz word in the SEO industry at the moment. Which isn’t a great surprise with prominent authors such as Lee Odden and David Meerman Scott evangelising it. Yet many clients still struggle with the concept of producing regular content for their own business. To help clients implement […]

4 comments Read the full article →

Search finally turns social (sort of)

October 22, 2010

Tweet It’s been a huge couple of weeks in the search industry. Even in an industry renowned for constant innovation, the past couple of weeks have brought about two monumental changes. First came Google Instant. And while the concept sounded reasonable in theory, it added little to the search experience in my opinion. It kinda […]

5 comments Read the full article →

Five signs your SEO client kicks ass

October 15, 2010

Tweet A couple of weeks back I wrote a post outlining five signs that a prospective SEO client may suck. It proved to be pretty damn popular. But I did feel a little guilty about taking the sledge hammer to our beloved SEO clients. So I decided to even the ledger and published a new […]

0 comments Read the full article →

Five signs your SEO client may suck

October 4, 2010

Tweet Late last week I published a post over at Search Engine People about SEO clients that suck. In particular, I identified five behaviours that may indicate a new client could in fact be a major nightmare. The post generated quite a few comments, with others identifying the types of behaviours they watch out for. […]

1 comment Read the full article →

Why Facebook Places instantly kicks Foursquare’s ass

September 30, 2010

Tweet As many of you would be aware, Facebook Places launched in Australia today. Wooo! A few weeks back I wrote why I think Places is going to be an amazing application for marketers. Having finally been able to play with it today, I can now talk about Places from a user’s perspective. And again, […]

10 comments Read the full article →

When social media becomes spam

September 23, 2010

Tweet Back in the day, I was a bit of a social media purist (aka wanker). Indeed, in an early strategy doc, I once wrote that a campaign mentality was completely inappropriate for social media. I was wrong. Social media can be an immensely effective channel in activating and spreading marketing campaigns. For instance, Smiggle […]

4 comments Read the full article →