Why Google +1 won’t work!

by James Duthie on April 14, 2011

Here's we go again. Despite the recent debacles of Wave and Buzz, Google is back on the social bandwagon with the new '+1' button. And you've just got to admire their persistence. If there's one thing Google is not afraid to do, it's fail. Which is a good thing. I'd love to work for a company with that sort of courage. Nevertheless, their latest social product seems destined to become another punch line for nerds and search geeks.

To find out why, you'll need to head over to Search Engine People for my latest guest post – Why Google +1 (probably) won't work

Enjoy!

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Catherine @ Affiliate Marketers College June 29, 2011 at 5:44 am

Hi James,This subject seems to cause quite a lot of controversy – I do agree "most of Google’s social projects sit atop the stinking trash heap" Funny but true. Will be interesting to see if +1 sinks or swims.
Regards
Catherine

.

James Duthie July 3, 2011 at 1:37 am

It'll be even more interesting to see what happens now that they've released Google+ to compliment it. I haven't been able to score an invite yet, but it looks like the most comprehensive social product they've launched to date. Still doubt it'll be able to tear people away from Facebook, but it'll be fun to watch!

Art July 5, 2011 at 5:44 am

You know I agree with you. I don't think Google can over take Facebook or come close to them. I do think they will capture a few die-hard Google lovers that still believe Google has the know how to do social bookmarking. Yet I think Google should really focus on what they do well and that is search engine domination.

Leave a Comment