About Me

Hi there! My name is James Duthie and I'm the author of Online Marketing Banter. I'm an online marketing all-rounder with over 5 years experience in the fields of web strategy, web functionality, communications, web site launches, traffic generation, email marketing, copywriting, customer acquisition and more. What a mouthful!

My experience has taken me into the industries of market research, law and web design. I currently work in a web strategy role with Next Digital, Australia's largest digital marketing agency. My role sees me working closely with clients to determine how they can best utilise the web to achieve their business objectives. I also do a little work on the side for my friends at The Online Circle.

I started Online Marketing Banter to ensure I stay on top of industry trends and constantly evolve my personal knowledge in areas I don't get to manage on a day-to-day basis (Eg. SEO). Hopefully someone out there will also find it useful, insightful and maybe even a little educational.

On a personal level I'm into all things sports. I love basketball & Australian rules football in particular. However, as I enter my 30's and continue to break my bones I'm resorting to spectating more than participating. My other passion is music, with a collection of over 500 vinyl records which I like to spin every now and then on my turntables. Occasionally when I'm really inspired I make the odd mix CD. My iPod used to be my favourite accessory until I put it through the washing machine. Anyone who would like to donate to my new iPod fund is more than welcome… :)

Connect with Me:

Twitter
StumbleUpon
Sphinn

What the experts say about me

Dave Harry, author of Huomah – "James is a super hero in training"

Tad Chef, author of SEO 2.0 – "By now, you are one of the most sought after writers in the industry"

Jeremiah Owyang, author of Web Strategy – "A must read" (Ok… this one is taken slightly out of context… but c'mon… if Jeremiah said that about you you'd be pretty happy too!)

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 5 trackbacks }

Personal Branding: SEO Blogging as the American Dream | SEOptimise
March 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm
Personal Branding: SEO Blogging as the American Dream | SEO trouble
March 6, 2009 at 6:22 pm
Personal Branding: SEO Blogging as the American Dream | Webmasters
March 10, 2009 at 4:59 am
Personal Branding: SEO Blogging as the American Dream | Webmasters
March 10, 2009 at 4:59 am
parkyoung in the news | ParkYoung
April 30, 2009 at 4:31 am

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

Jonathan April 1, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Hi James,

I was intervewed on the ABC 7.30 report about how iSelect hides covers from the public that are on their database to maximise their commission – all while offering a

best deal guarantee.

I do not receive any sales commission from health funds…

What I want is to expose iSelect!

If I give you some comparison charts can you please help kick off a social media campaign to get iSelect to stop charging lifetime commissions up front?

While the ABC did a great story, they had to edit out my web address due to time…

There’s lots of juice stuff at http://healthinsurancehounds.com/ and I will be revealing more about iSelect soon!

My goal is to tidy up the dodgy broking industry with the help of social media.

Yet I need some help!

Best wishes,
Jonathan Crabtree
0418 105 357

Pat January 12, 2012 at 12:19 am

Good to have stumbled to your blog! Very inspirational articles you have here.
Nice photo you got here with Hope… just a tad smaller would fit fine on my 27" monitor! Hehe.

kritika chaos unleashed free diamonds hack October 7, 2014 at 10:04 am

This post is in fact a good one it assists new net people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

Yukiko October 9, 2014 at 10:23 am

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info.
I am glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed
like this. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment