Come work with me

September 15, 2010

Tweet Looking for a career in digital marketing? Well… the agency I work for (Next Digital) is currently looking to employ a couple of new peeps to come work with me in the Digital Marketing & Media team. In particular, we’re looking for people with a background and passion in SEO and digital media. Full […]

0 comments Read the full article →

Will local advertising bypass search?

September 3, 2010

Tweet Eighteen months ago Google launched a cool mobile application that localised search results based on GPS coordinates. To me, it seemed like a killer platform for local advertising via mobile devices. And it still is. But the competition for the lucrative local advertising has become hot. In particular, Facebook has entered the market with […]

1 comment Read the full article →

Next Digital Wrap Up

August 27, 2010

Tweet It’s been a little quiet round here of late. But it hasn’t been out of total and utter laziness, as I have been writing for the shiny new Next Digital blog. The links to my recent posts are below if you want to go check them out: Case Study: OfficeMax Ecommerce Launch Who won […]

3 comments Read the full article →

Advertising in its most evil form!

August 12, 2010

Tweet Some organisations shouldn’t bother advertising. Plain and simple. Banks are a primary candidate (warning – incoming rant!). Over the last few weeks, the Commonwealth Bank has unveiled a series of self-indulgent TV spots, the first of which can be seen below:

6 comments Read the full article →

Insights into the evolution of media

August 3, 2010

Tweet Anticipating and predicting the future of different media formats (or lack thereof) is a favourite sport for many online commentators. Yet it can be difficult to predict who truly has the experience to add real validity to their insights/claims. So when I had the chance to speak to a man who has nailed both […]

2 comments Read the full article →

Yet another seo analogy!

July 29, 2010

Tweet I love a good analogy! And while the field of SEO certainly isn’t short of them, I’ve just added another to the list in a guest post over at Search Engine People. In the post I posit that SEO is just like property development. Of couse it is I can hear you saying! Or […]

2 comments Read the full article →

Even Martial Arts Stars Have Phobias

July 22, 2010

Tweet Last week I wrote about content phobia. And coincidentally, last week I also saw one of the most breath taking live performances of my life, by a group of artists called Drum Tao. The show blends ancient Japanese percussion with martial arts. And yes… it’s just as cool as it sounds. For a taste, […]

5 comments Read the full article →

Conquering Content Phobia

July 14, 2010

Tweet Phobias are a fact of life. Amongst other things, I’m petrified of spiders, sharks and the thought of having children (eek)! Everyone has phobias, even if they won’t admit it. Phobias are common within the workplace as well. Fear of change haunts many people. Others are terrified of public speaking. And some are scared […]

2 comments Read the full article →

Facebook vs Twitter – The Real Time Search War

June 28, 2010

Tweet A week or so ago Twitter unveiled its latest attempt to transform itself into a viable (aka profitable) business. Naturally, Twitter’s monetisation strategy is built upon advertising. Its latest product has been dubbed ‘Promoted Trends‘, which as the name suggests enables companies to buy their way into Twitter’s trending topics. It follows hot on […]

7 comments Read the full article →

Snark + Narcissism = The Snarcissist

June 17, 2010

Tweet Online trolls are an unfortunate reality of the web. The combination of simple publishing tools (forums, blogs etc) and total anonymity creates the perfect breeding ground for keyboard warriors to flourish. Almost every online community experiences some form of trolling behaviour. And the Australian media/marketing community is no different. Indeed, we have our very […]

11 comments Read the full article →